WHAT KEMCORE PROVIDES AS A PARTNER?
KEMCORE is always prepared to fulfill orders as they're placed and deliver the product customers need.
Commitment to Safety
KEMCORE has been safely and responsibly distributing Potassium Amyl Xanthate for decades and continues to make advancements through improved packaging options, on-site unloading services, and comprehensive training for our customers.
Whether it’s assisting with Potassium Amyl Xanthate handling or regulatory needs like licensing, permitting, and compliance monitoring, support is available.
COUNTRIES OF ORIGIN
- South Africa
Potassium Amyl Xanthate (PAX) / Flottec PAX / XANTATO AMILICO DE POTASIO/ Flomin C3505 / AERO 350
CAS Number: 2720-73-2
Molecular Formula: C6H11KOS2
PRODUCTION OF XANTHATES:
RAW MATERIALS: are Carbon Disulfide, Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide), or Potash (Potassium Hydroxide) and determined alcohol, which provides it with collecting properties in flotation processes of metallic and polymetallic minerals.
WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF YOUR XANTHATE?
The production of pure xanthates requires pure raw materials and then the reaction must also be driven to completion. This requires sophisticated process design and control of the manufacturing process which, in turn, influences the price and metallurgical efficiency of the product.
DOWNLOAD OUR CASE STUDY TO AVOID BUYING SUB-STANDARD XANTHATE!
Potassium Amyl Xanthate, strong, unselective collector
, with 5 carbon molecules in its chain, is strong, unselective, and is ideal for sulfide gold operations where all sulfide minerals need to be recovered.
It can be applied for the flotation of all types of sulfide minerals in combination with weaker xanthates.
Xanthates in mining
Xanthates have been the workhorse of sulfide mineral flotation since the 1920s (Harris 1989), and they represent the largest volume of any sulfide mineral collector. Xanthate collectors are salts consisting of a non-polar hydrocarbon group, which provides the hydrophobicity to a sulfide mineral, pointing outward from the mineral to the solution, and a polar group that adsorbs onto the sulfide mineral surface.
All Xanthates are water-soluble and are usually fed in as aqueous solutions in a 5 to 20% strength.
These reagents are widely used for all sulfide minerals, with a high tendency to float iron sulfide, except when using depressors. They cannot be used in highly acidic circuits, as they tend to decompose.
Kemcore carries common Xanthate products equivalent or similar to:
Potassium Ethyl Xanthate (PEX)
Potassium Amyl Xanthate (PAX)
Flottec PAX/Flomin C3505/AERO 350
Sodium Ethyl Xanthate (SEX)
Flottec SEX/FloMin C 3200/AERO 325
Sodium Isobutyl Xanthate (SIBX)
Flottec SIBX/FloMin C3430/AERO 317
Sodium Isopropyl Xanthate (SIPX)
Flottec SIPX/Flomin C3330/AERO 343
Sodium n-butyl Xanthate SNBX
FloMin C 3410
Sodium Amyl Xanthate
Our range of modifiers, collectors, and frothers are produced in fully integrated world-class facilities in China and Kemcore guarantees a continuous supply to our customers worldwide.
Advantages of Xanthate.
- The least expensive sulfide mineral collector-Inexpensive compared to Specialty Collectors
- Easy to manufacture and available in solid pellet form for easy handling
- Dosage: in-plant environment, they’re fed at active concentrations of 5% or less in water.
- Very good at recovering in an unselective manner bulk sulfide minerals, including sulfides.
- Can be used with lime to give a pH operating range of 9-12.
- Can be used as a sole collector in a sulfide mineral plant.
Plant Operation Tips:
- The sequence of addition of modifiers, collectors, and frothers is of great importance, especially when sulphidising agents and other activators and depressants are involved.
- Flotation is a process that relies heavily on surface chemistry,
by adding all of the collectors to the conditioner, a thick, scummy and uncontrollable froth is obtained which yields a low and unmarketable grade concentrate with entrained insoluble minerals. Therefore careful consideration should be taken when selecting reagent-dosing points in the plant so that recovery and grade are optimized.
-When trialling additional or different collectors maintain a visual inspection history of the froth and concentrate in each circuit.
- Data from each shift should be collected over the duration of the trial so that shift recoveries and grades can be determined and to ascertain whether the trial collector is better or worse than the incumbent collector.