Synonyms: Thiocarbamide; 2-Thiourea; iso-Thiourea.
Application of Thiourea as a mining chemical reagent.
Initiator in industrial explosives -Thio urea forms part of the chemical gassing compounds for better productivity (less mixing time) in the batch process and continuous production plants.
Thiourea is used to accelerate decomposition of the nitrite gassing agent while concomitantly stabilizing the thickening effectiveness of the thickener.
The solution of oxidizers is made up of water, ammonium nitrate and sodium nitrate, to which thiourea and part of the gums are added, giving a high viscocity in order to retain the gas bubble.
Thiourea may be introduced into the solution prior to making the slurry, and it has the property of stabilizing and slightly enhancing the thickening of the gums in solution, i.e. the gum in solution maintains its viscosity better with the addition of slight amounts of thiourea.
Other Thiourea industrial uses of thiourea include :
1. pharmaceutical raw material,
2. bleaching agent in textile dyeing and printing
3. auxiliary of dyeing and anti-oxidant
4. rubber accelerator
5. powder electroplating
6. blue printing and boiler washing
7. catalysis agent and stabilizer of resinic producing
8. organic synthesization of sensitizing material, and medicine, medical, spicery materials in fine chemicals
9. recycling and separating of heavy metals etc.
Molecular Formula: CH4N2S
Cas Number: 62-56-6
Appearance: white crystals
Form: white solid
Boiling point: 186.8 °C at 760 mmHg
Melting/freezing point: 182℃
Specific gravity: 1.41
Flash point: 66.8 °C
1- TRANSPORT INFORMATION
- Transport-UN 2811
- Hazard Class No. : 6.1
- Packing Group: III
- H.S. Code: 29309070
2- STORAGE & HANDLING
- Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated place and out of direct sunlight. Store away from foodstuffs. Store away from incompatible materials. Keep containers closed when not in use - check regularly for spills.
25kg PE/PP bags
25kg PE/PP bags (Pallets)
4. Environmental impact
Thiourea was shown to degrade in soil by both chemical and microbial degradation, although high levels of thiourea may suppress microflora activity for extended periods of time
Must be stored, maintained and used in accordance with the relevant regulations.
5.Download our Thiourea msds for more safety and handling information.