Synonyms : Sulfuric Acid Commercial - 60%, 70%, 72%, 72.9%, 77%, 78%, 91.7%, 98%, 98.5%; Alkylation Acid; Oil of Vitriol; Dipping Acid; Sulphuric Acid Concentrated; Sulfuric acid 1:1 .
Our Sulfuric Acid comes in Purity of 98%.
Sulphuric Acid acid use in mining:
- Lixiviant for uranium and nickel. Cyanide destruction in gold mining.
- In flotation Used when flotation needs to be at a lower pH.
Other uses: Manufacture of fertilisers, explosives, battery acid, dyes, drugs, detergents, adhesives, plastics and paints, in electroplating, in tanning, and in purification of petroleum.
Sulphuric Acid is a highly corrosive extremely strong mineral acid which is colourless to slightly yellow in water.
Sulphuric Acid has a wide range of other industrial applications in the mining and general manufacturing industries. These include:
- Manufacturing of STP, TTP used in making phosphate based fertilizers
- Electrolyte in lead-acid batteries
- Waste water processing in oil, detergent manufacturing plants
- Water treatment plants – for pH correction
- Extensive use in platinium and base metal refinery plants.
- Digestion of wirewool in gold processing plants
- Electrolyte in nickel refining
In gold processing, loaded wirewool is digested by pouring sulphuric acid over it. The resultant cake formed after dewatering is fluxed before smelting to produce gold.
Molecular Formula: : H2SO4
Cas Number: 7664-93-9;8014-95-7;17107-61-8
Form: Oily Liquid
Appearance : Dense, oily liquid; colorless to dark brown depending on purity
Boiling point: 290 °C
Melting/freezing point: :10 °C
Specific gravity: ca. 1.5-1.85 @20°C
Flash point: 1500 °C
- Transport-UN 1830
- Hazard Class No. :8 Corrosive
- Packing Group: II
- HS Code: 280700
2- STORAGE & HANDLING & HANDLING
Store in a cool, dry, well ventilated place and out of direct sunlight. Store away from foodstuffs. Store away from incompatible materials . Keep containers closed when not in use - check regularly for spills.
35 kg drums
250 kg drums
4- Environmental impact
Download our Sulphuric Acid 98% msds for more safety and handling information.