- Mining Explosives
- Grinding Media
- Flotation Reagents
- Leaching Chemicals
- Water Treatment
FOB Price : $1,470.00 /ton
SNBX /FloMin C 3410 is a strong collector for sulphide minerals mostly used in the flotation of copper, nickel, zinc or lead sulphides.
It is widely used in Cu-Ni sulphide ores or were lead oxide-copper minerals coexist.
SNBX is suitable for scavenging or rougher processes.
Xanthates in mining
Xanthates have been the workhorse of sulfide mineral flotation since the 1920’s (Harris 1989), and they represent the largest volume of any sulfide mineral collector. Xanthate collectors are salts consisting of a non-polar hydrocarbon group, which provides the hydrophobicity to a sulphide mineral, pointing outward from the mineral to the solution, and a polar group that adsorbs onto the sulphide mineral surface.
PRODUCTION OF XANTHATES:
RAW MATERIALS: are Carbon Disulfide, Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide) or Potash (Potassium Hydroxide) and a determined alcohol, which provides it with collecting properties in flotation processes of metallic and polymetallic minerals.
WHAT IS THE QUALITY OF YOUR XANTHATE?
The production of pure xanthates requires pure raw materials and then the reaction must also be driven to completion. This requires sophisticated process design and control of the manufacturing process which, in turn, influence the price and metallurgical efficiency of the product.
DOWNLOAD OUR CASE STUDY TO AVOID BUYING SUB-STANDARD XANTHATE!
Plant Operation Tips –
- The sequence of addition of modifiers, collectors and frothers is of great importance, especially when sulphidising agents and other activators and depressants are involved.
- Flotation is a process that relies heavily on surface chemistry, by adding all of the collectors to the conditioner, a thick, scummy and uncontrollable froth is obtained which yields a low and unmarketable grade concentrate with entrained insoluble minerals. Therefore careful consideration should be taken when selecting reagent-dosing points in the plant so that recovery and grade are optimised.
-When trialling additional or different collectors maintain a visual inspection history of the froth and concentrate in each circuit
- Data from each shift should be collected over the duration of the trial so that shift recoveries and grades can be determined and to ascertain whether the trial collector is better or worse than the incumbent collector.
All of the xanthate products (PAX, SIBX, SIPX, SEX-ETC) are classified as dangerous goods, Class 4.2 spontaneously combustible.
Problems in the handling and use of xanthate have arise when:
• Impure raw materials were used and side reactions occur which do not produce Xanthate, but other unstable compounds.
• The reaction between raw materials (CS2, sodium hydroxide and the alcohol) is not driven to completion and significant amounts of the un-reacted materials are left in the product. Intermediate, unstable thio compounds are also created and may be left in the product.
• The product degrades into CS2 and alcohol, either after manufacture in the solid form or after dissolution before use.
• Packaging, transport or storage results in contact of the product with air.
Safety & Handling:
Download our Sodium n-butyl Xanthate msds for more safety and handling information.
We don't work only with the giants of the mining industry. Our clients include many small-to-medium-sized businesses.