FOB Reference Price : $1,800.00 /ton
SAX is a very powerful collector hence its use in rougher flotation and/or scavenging. It is widely used in the flotation of oxidized sulphide minerals, copper and lead.
SAX can also be used as a collector for Copper-nickel sulphides, gold sulphides or lead-copper ores.
Plant Operation Tips –
- The sequence of addition of modifiers, collectors and frothers is of great importance, especially when sulphidising agents and other activators and depressants are involved.
- Flotation is a process that relies heavily on surface chemistry, by adding all of the collectors to the conditioner, a thick, scummy and uncontrollable froth is obtained which yields a low and unmarketable grade concentrate with entrained insoluble minerals. Therefore careful consideration should be taken when selecting reagent-dosing points in the plant so that recovery and grade are optimised.
-When trialling additional or different collectors maintain a visual inspection history of the froth and concentrate in each circuit
- Data from each shift should be collected over the duration of the trial so that shift recoveries and grades can be determined and to ascertain whether the trial collector is better or worse than the incumbent collector.
All of the xanthate products (PAX, SIBX, SIPX, SEX-ETC) are classified as dangerous goods, Class 4.2 spontaneously combustible.
Problems in the handling and use of xanthate have arise when:
• Impure raw materials were used and side reactions occur which do not produce Xanthate, but other unstable compounds.
• The reaction between raw materials (CS2, sodium hydroxide and the alcohol) is not driven to completion and significant amounts of the un-reacted materials are left in the product. Intermediate, unstable thio compounds are also created and may be left in the product.
• The product degrades into CS2 and alcohol, either after manufacture in the solid form or after dissolution before use.
• Packaging, transport or storage results in contact of the product with air.
Safety and Handling:
Download our Sodium Amyl Xanthate msds for more safety and handling information.
We don't work only with the giants of the mining industry. Our clients include many small-to-medium-sized businesses.